Friday, January 28, 2011

Peer Reviews

Good Morning Everyone,

Personally, I have always welcomed constructive criticism when writing or preparing for a speech. As long as everyone remembers to keep their comments on topic and in a polite manner, everyone should benefit from their peers' thoughts and ideas.

In today's society, the "group think" and "team" is still the buzz word for work environments, so everyone should be exposed to thinking and working as a group, if for no other reason than to be able to appreciate their peer’s comments; whether good or bad. It is all in the tone and context of what you say, where you are saying it, and how you portray your opinions.

I have a "ah-ha" moment every time I am writing and it happens when I am writing the body of my paper and all of the sudden, my thesis statement and introduction seems to write itself.

I find everything intriguing, and some shocking, when I do my research for discussion board, seminar, or paper. Since I virtually know nothing about Public Health, everything is new! In a broad sense, I always choose topics that I do not know much about, because this is a learning journey, correct? So why choose a topic that you are knowledgeable about? Just my opinion.

I have to say that Karen's blog post "Selekted Riting Wrules" is absolutely dead on! As humans, our brains automatically rearrange incorrect positions of letters in words and read them correctly. I have seen a couple of these and love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment