Monday, January 17, 2011

Personal Writing Style

Hello Everyone!

My personal writing style has evolved over the years and it is hard to put it into words because I do not use a single style, but incorporate many into one and it seems to work for me, but here goes...........

I can decide on a "general" idea pretty quickly as I always choose a topic that is new and interesting. I then do an extraordinary amount of research. When I say extraordinary, I mean literally hours and hours online searching all information on my topic. I am taking notes on what I read, or even print off the article for future references. I then sit down with all my research and attempt to whittle it down to a working essay.

I am big on brainstorming and constantly edit as I go. Even after I have decided on what my topic is, and developed my thesis statement, I still do research to make sure that what I am saying is fresh and accurate.

The next step is to write and rewrite, and rewrite my paper. It may seem like I am not organized, but I let my paper write itself so I am constantly editing.

I do not have many challenges with College, but if I had to choose one, I would say making the time to actually do homework. I try to get everything done very early in the week, and work ahead when appropriate, but every once in a while, Tuesday sneaks up on me! Time management has become my forte.

I am a Public Health major and knew nothing about the field when I chose it so every day is a learning experience and I love every minute of it. I am a big believer in education so this is just the next step in my life-long learning process.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment