I love being an online student for a couple reasons:
I obtained my first two BS degrees from a traditional ground University and I also worked two jobs at the same time. I would have to take all four classes on Tuesday and Thursday due to my work schedule. That meant that I would get to campus for an 8am class and would not get home until after my 8pm class ended. It was such a struggle. I love, love, love being able to go to class on my schedule. I found I do better when I am not on a strict class schedule.
I also found that I did not have access to my professors like I do with KU. I would sign up for an appointment during office hours and most of the time I did not get to meet with my professor because they were not there or their previous appointment went over and now I had to get to my next class. It was very frustrating. When I email a professor at KU, most times I hear back the same day and I really appreciate that.
One way to become a closer community is this blog assignment. I know it is a required assignment, but I plan to keep blogging even after I complete this course. For the most part, I do not feel like I need to be in a "community" to be a successful student. I like getting my work done on my own time without the distractions of campus life.
No comments:
Post a Comment